To get a fee waiver, you are required to USCIS I-912 Form;
- Submit Form N-400, Form I-912, and any supporting documents to a specific address mentioned on the forms.
- Don’t send your Form I-912 without an application or duly completed petition. Once your petition or application is received (Form N-400), you cannot send Form I-912.
- Moreover, you cannot submit Forms (N-400 & I-912) online; these must be submitted on paper.
General Guidelines of USCIS I-912 Form
USCIS offers all forms without any charges. You can access the most recent versions at the official website of USCIS (www.uscis.gov/forms).
1. Signature USCIS I-912 Form
- Each request must be legibly written up and submitted. USCIS will not accept a single signature on this form; instead of a signature, use a stamped or typewritten name.
- Your parent or legal guardian may proceed with this process if you are under 14. Likewise, a legal guardian can also represent a person who lacks mental capacity.
- You must provide all proof and supporting documents required at the time of filing.
4. Copies of USCIS I-912 Form
- You are required to provide readable photocopies of all necessary papers. When an application is being processed, USCIS may require an original document.
5. Translations USCIS I-912 Form
- You must offer a complete English translation if you submit a document containing information in a different language. The translator must certify (in writing) that the translation into English is exact and comprehensive.
Instructions of USCIS I-912 Form
Following are instructions regarding Form I-912;
- This introduction acknowledges your need to make a request. In section one, the following are three possibilities that you may select. Likewise, if you meet the criteria, you can choose more than one box.
- You, your partner, or the household’s head are eligible for means-tested benefits. The qualifying individual must reside in the same home as you.
- The Federal Poverty Guidelines are at or below 150% of your household’s annual income.
- You are having financial difficulties.
- You are required to fill up your biographical data, including;
- First, middle, and last names
- Additional names you’ve previously used or had
- A-Number (If applicable)
- The USCIS online account number (If applicable)
- Date of birth
- Your social security number
- Relationship status (If applicable)
- This section is named “Applications and Petitions for Which You Are Asking for a Fee Exemption.” Here, you enter the information about yourself and other household members. Moreover, you ask for fee remission for these applicants’ immigration forms (s).
- You must provide details about the receivers and benefits if your justification for submitting Form I-912 is that you receive means-tested benefits, such as;
- Names of beneficiary
- Their relationship with you
- The source of the benefits
- Kinds of benefits
- The initiation date of benefits
- The expiry date of benefits
- You must complete section five of the form if your justification for submitting Form I-912 is that your household’s income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. It comprises of;
- Your current job title
- Detail of unemployment compensation (if applicable)
- Detail of marital status
- Information about the people residing in your home
- Household’s yearly income
- Income of all family members
- Complete financial backing
- Please specify if your marital status, income, or family size has changed since you filed your federal tax returns.
- In this part, you will have to provide further details about your circumstances if your justification for filing Form I-912 is a sudden emergency crisis and financial difficulty.
- Besides your retirement funds, you must mention the worth of any cash and assets you currently own. You will also include all of your monthly obligations and expenses, such as;
- Auto loans
- Childcare expenses
- Payments for elder care
- Payments for insurance
- Ensure to get the signatures of family members on Form I-912 if you applied on their behalf.
- If you took the services of an interpreter, you must provide their complete detail, such as their statement, certification, contact details, postal address, and signature.