Symptoms of depression can be really complex. People who suffer from depression lose interest in things they otherwise used to enjoy.
The symptoms of depression can be classified as psychological, physical, and social.
Psychological Symptoms of Depression
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Low mood or sadness
- Suicidal thoughts
- Low self-esteem
- Reduced sex drive
Physical Symptoms of Depression
- Change in appetite or weight
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Disturbed sleep pattern
- Changes in the menstrual cycle in women
- Reduced hobbies and interests
- Difficulties in home and family life
- Reduced interest at work