- American Lung Association. http://www.lung.org/lung-disease/asthma/living-with-asthma/take-control-of-your-asthma/manage-stress.html. Accessed on August 19, 2013.
- Asthma and Smoking. http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Asthma_and_smoking. Accessed on August 19, 2013.
- Barnett SB, Nurmagambetov TA. Costs of Asthma in the United States: 2002-2007. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2011; 127:145-52.
- Belcaro G, Luzzi R, Cesinaro Di Rocco P, et al. Pycnogenol® improvements in asthma management. Panminerva Med. 2011 Sep;53(3 Suppl 1):57-64.
- Bidwell AJ, Yazel B, Davin D, et al. Yoga training improves the quality of life in women with asthma. J Altern Complement Med. 2012 Aug;18(8):749-55
- California Environmental Protection Agency: Respiratory Health Effect of Passive Smoking, June 2005.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Healthy Youth! Health Topics: Asthma. 2009. Accessed on February 9, 2010.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: National Center for Health Statistics, National Health Interview Survey Raw Data, 2011. Analysis by the American Lung Association Research and Health Education Division using SPSS and SUDAAN software.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: National Center for Health Statistics, National Hospital Discharge Survey, 1995-2010. Analysis by the American Lung Association Research and Health Education Division using SPSS software.
- Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/faqs.htm
- Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/indoorenv/mold.html
- Cowie RL, Conley DP, Underwood MF. et al. A randomized controlled trial of the Buteyko technique as an adjunct to conventional management of asthma. Respir Med. 2008 May;102(5):726-32.
- Danesh UC. Petasites hybridus (Butterbur root) extract in the treatment of asthma–an open trial. Altern Med Rev. 2004;9(1):54-62
- Dotterud CK, Storro O, Simpson MR, et al. The impact of pre-and postnatal exposures on allergy-related diseases in childhood: a controlled multicentre intervention study in primary health care. BMC Public Health. 2013 Feb 8;13:123.
- Han J. Observation on the effect of acupuncture at Yuji (LU 10) on the pulmonary function of patients with bronchial asthma and immediate efficacy of relieving asthma. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2012 Oct;32(10):891-4.
- Lang JE, Mougey EB, Allayee H, et al. Nutrigenetic response to omega-3 fatty acids in obese asthmatics (NOOA): rationale and methods. Contemp Clin Trials. 2013 Mar;34(2):326-35.
- Lee KP, Kang S, Park SJ, et al. Anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effects of bakkenolide B isolated from Petasites japonicus leaves. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013 Jul 30;148(3):890-4.
- Morin C, Fortin S, Cantin AM, et al. MAG-EPA resolves lung inflammation in an allergic model of asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2013 Sep;43(9):1071-82.
- National Asthma Education and Prevention Program Expert Panel Report 3: Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma. Rockville, MD. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, US Dept of Health and Human Services; 2007. NIH publications 08-4051
- National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) Data, 2011 http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/nhis/2011/data.htm
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov /health/health-topics/topics/asthma/. Accessed on July 28, 2013.
- National Institute of health.http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1019.html#Safety
- Pijnenburg MWH and Jongste J. C. De Exhaled nitric oxide in childhood asthma: a review. Clinical & Experimental Allergy. 2008;38(2):246-259
- Siddiqui MZ. Boswellia serrata, a potential anti-inflammatory agent: an overview. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2011 May;73(3):255-61.
- Silva Rde C, Assis AM, Goncalves MS, et al. The prevalence of wheezing and its association with body mass index and abdominal obesity in children. J Asthma. 2013;50(3):267-73.
- Tan C, Zhang C, Gao D, et al. Impacts on the life quality of patients with bronchial asthma treated with acupuncture in terms of the lung and large intestine theory. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2012 Aug;32(8):673-7
- Wilson D, Evans M, Guthrie N, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory study to evaluate the potential of pycnogenol for improving allergic rhinitis symptoms. Phytother Res. 2010;24(8):1115-9
|Organization||Type||Refer it for|
|American Lung Association (www.lung.org)||Lung Association||ALA is an association, which helps the patients to fight against asthma and various lung disorders.|
|National Center of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) (www.nccam.nih.gov)||Federal Government’s lead agency for scientific research on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)||
|Medline Plus (www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus)||Federal Government’s educational resource (produced by National Library of Medicine)||
|FDA (www.fda.gov)||U.S. federal food and drug administration||For health related matters, product approvals, alerts, etc.|
|Office of Dietary||Government agency on||For any information|
|Supplements (ODS) (wwwods.od.nih.gov)||dietary supplements||pertaining to regulation of dietary supplements|
|Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/
Centers Offices/Office of Foods/CFSAN)
|CFSAN is FDA’s product-oriented center responsible for the safety of the nation’s domestically produced and imported foods and cosmetics.||Regulations and policy governing the safety of dietary supplements, infant formulas, and medical foods.|
|NIH Obesity Research (http://obesityresearch.nih.gov/)||This website presents information about NIH-supported research.||Focus on obesity prevention and treatment|
|Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (http://www.cdc.gov/)||CDC is a government organization||Prepares reports and evaluates the current scenario of various diseases and prevents patients from diseases and promotes better health.|