This Policy was last updated on January 22, 2014
IControlMyHealth's Services may include, without limitation, health tools, applications, diagnostic tests, questionnaires, email services, message boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, data storage, reminders, and downloadable mobile applications related to the Site or provided through other third-partysites.
When we use the phrase "Personal Information" in this Policy, we mean information that can be used to identify or contact a person, like a person’s full name, address, e-mail address, or phone number. When we use the phrase "Non-Personal Identification Information" in this Policy, we mean information that cannot reasonably be used to identify individual persons.
By visiting this Site or using the Services, you are accepting the policies and practices described in this Policy. Each time you visit the Site or use the Services, you agree and expressly consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of the information that you provide as described in this Policy.
In addition to this general Policy, each Service may have additional privacy provisions that are specific to the particular Service. These supplemental disclosures are made adjacent to the particular Service at the time we collect the information. These supplemental disclosures also govern the use of your information.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, etc. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
In addition to the “Personal Identification Information” you may voluntarily provide and “Non-Personal Identification Information” that we may collect through the use of our Site, we may also collect or combine information received from third parties.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
IControlMyHealth, Inc. may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To receive marketing messages, promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-outof our mailing list, they will stop receiving emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
- To customize advertisements:We may use your information to customize the advertisements you see based upon the “Personal Identification Information” you may voluntarily provide and “Non-Personal Identification Information” that we may collect through the use of our Site. However, you can limit the way that we customizethe advertisements based on your self-reported interests and other information in your profile by clicking on the "Profile" or "My Account" section of this Site and deleting or modifying the information.
- To disclose for legal reasons: We may disclose and release your Personal Information to third parties to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to our system or network, or in any cases in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, illegal conduct or a violation or alleged violation of this Policy or other agreement we may have with you.
- To understand user attitudes, preferences, and reactions:We may use your responses to polls and surveys in aggregate (no personal identifiable information will ever be shared) to understand needs, satisfaction, attitudes, perception, reactions, etc. and provide to interested third parties, such as healthcare companies. This aggregate anonymous information will help the third parties to gain insights and develop products and communications to better meet your needs.
- With our subsidiaries and partners: We may share your Personal Information with any of our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or partners. Additionally, in the event that we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Policy.
Message Boards and Chats
We may make message boards, chat rooms, and other interactive forums available as part of the Services. You should be aware that any information, which you post to these interactive forums or otherwise choose to make publicly available, including your Personal Information, might be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of the Site or Services. By using these interactive forums, you agree that we are not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
The Site and Services are not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the Site or through the Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org that we may delete and remove such child's information from our systems.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Payment related sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
A Note to Canada and California users
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Attn: Office of Privacy
(301) 200-2480; email@example.com