Resources & References
1. Araujo DM, Santos GF. Binge eating disorder and depression: a systematic review. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2010;11(2 Pt 2):199-207.
2. Binge eating – Causes. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Binge-eating/Pages/Causes.aspx. Accessed June 4, 2013.
3. Binge Eating Disorder http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/3800/3822.asp. Accessed June 4, 2013.
4. Binge Eating Disorder. Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Help.http://www.helpguide.org/mental/binge_eating_disorder.htm. Accessed June 4, 2013.
5. Binge-eating disorder. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-eating-disorder/DS00608. Accessed June 4, 2013.
6. Binge-Eating Disorder. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-eating-disorder/DS00608/DSECTION=symptoms. Accessed June 4, 2013.
7. Binge-eating disorder. Risk factors. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-eating-disorder/DS00608/DSECTION=risk-factors. Accessed June 4, 2013.
8. Binge-eating disorder. Tests and diagnosis. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-eating-disorder/DS00608/DSECTION=tests-and-diagnosis. Accessed June 4, 2013.
9. Binge-eating disorder. Treatment and Drugs. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-eating-disorder/DS00608/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs
10. BreunerCC. Complementary, Holistic, and Integrative Medicine: Eating Disorders. Pediatrics in Review 2010; 31;e75.
11. Carei TR, Fyfe-Johnson AL. Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial of Yoga in the Treatment of Eating Disorders. J Adolesc Health. 2010; 46(4): 346–351.
12. Eating Disorders Among Adults - Binge Eating Disorder. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/statistics/1EAT_ADULT_RB.shtml. Accessed June 4, 2013.
13. Fogarty S, Harris D. Acupuncture as an adjunct therapy in the treatment of eating disorders: a randomisedcross-over pilot study. Complement Ther Med. 2010; 18(6):233-240.
14. Geliebter A, Ochner C. Appetite-Related Gut Peptides in Obesity and Binge Eating Disorder. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. 2008; 2 (4): 305-314.
15. Highlights of Changes from DSM-IV-TR to DSM-5. http://www.psychiatry.org/dsm5. AccessedJune 4, 2013
16. http://nccam.nih.gov/sites/nccam.nih.gov/files/about/budget/congressional/2003.pdf?nav=gsa. Accessed June 11, 2013.
17. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.DrugDetails. Accessed June 11, 2013.
18. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/. Accessed June 4, 2013.
19. Kessler RC, Berglund PA, Chiu WT, et al. The prevalence and correlates of binge eating disorder in the world health organization world mental health surveys. Biol Psychiatry. 2013; v 73(9):904-914.
20. Kristeller JL, Hallett CB. An Exploratory Study of a Meditation-based Intervention for Binge Eating Disorder. J Health Psychol. 1999; 4(3):357-363. Accessed June 4, 2013.
21. Leibowitz SF. The role of serotonin in eating disorders. Drugs. 1990;39Suppl 3:33-48.
22. McElroy S. LisdexamfetamineDimesylate Safety And Efficacy On Binge Eating Days/Episodes And Behavior In Adults With Moderate To Severe Binge Eating Disorder. Abstract # NR4- 25.166th Annual meeting of American Psychiatric Association.http://www.psych.org/learn/library—archives. Accessed June 11, 2013.
23. McElroySL, GuerdjikovaAI. Pharmacological management of binge eating disorder: current and emerging treatment options. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management 2012:8 219– 241.
24. McIver S, O'Halloran P. Yoga as a treatment for binge eating disorder: a preliminary study. Complement Ther Med. 2009; 17(4):196-202.
25. Opioid Antagonist Naloxone Nasal Spraytreatment For Patients With Binge Eatingdisorder (BED): A Randomized Controlledstudy. Abstract # NR4-29.166th Annual meeting of American Psychiatric Association.http://www.psych.org/learn/library--archives
26. Shire Reports Positive Phase 2 Study Met Primary End Point for Investigative Use of Vyvanse® (lisdexamfetaminedimesylate) Capsules, (CII) in Adults with Binge Eating Disorder. http://www.shire.com/shireplc/en/investors/investorsnews/irshirenews?id=593.
27. Stice E, Marti CN. Prevalence, Incidence, Impairment, and Course of the Proposed DSM-5 Eating Disorder Diagnoses in an 8-Year Prospective Community Study of Young Women. J Abnorm Psychol. 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
28. Trigazis L, Tennankore D. The use of herbal remedies by adolescents with eating disorders. Int J Eat Disord. 2004; 35(2):223-228.